FSF Recipes: Mint Chocolate Chip Chaga Ice Cream with Reishi Coffee
Mint Chocolate Chip Chaga Ice Cream
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for a few hours, rinsed, and drained)
- 3 cups vanilla tigernut milk *
- 1/2 tsp. green stevia powder and 2 TB Manuka Honey (adjust to preferred sweetness)
- 2 packets FSF chaga
- 1/2 tsp. spirulina
- 4 drops peppermint essential oil
- pinch sea salt
- Handful of cacao nibs
- Optional: 2 TB colostrum
- Optional: 1 TB grass fed gelatin dissolved in ¼ cup boiling water (used as a thickening agent and to help prevent ice crystals)
*To make vanilla tigernut milk, blend 1 cup soaked tigernuts with three cups water and 1 tsp. vanilla powder. Strain and it’s ready!
1 cup boiled filtered water and one FSF reishi packet
OR favorite coffee blend/espresso shot with added FSF Reishi packet
Pour all ice cream ingredients except cacao nibs into high-speed blender and puree until smooth. Add cacao nibs and pulse.
Pour mixture into ice cream maker and follow manufactures’ directions. Once done, store in freezer.
Scoop ice cream into cup. Boil some water, or make coffee, and add one FSF reishi packet. Pour hot liquid over ice cream and enjoy!
If you do not have an ice cream maker, you can alternatively freeze blended ingredients right away in a shallow dish. Stir every twenty minutes or so until ice cream is set.
- Cathryn Fowler